What kind of medicine do you want to practice? If you are looking for a job with one of the large, conglomerate corporations where your years of schooling and experience in the veterinary field take a backseat to corporate mandated protocols, then this is definitely NOT the place for you. But if your desire is to become part of a well-trained, caring & dedicated team of veterinary professionals, then you have found the practice that you have been looking for! The Animal Medical Center (AMC) in Brandon, FL has been a staple of the community for more than 30 years. As a veterinarian at our practice, you will enjoy the freedom to utilize your skills and training to the best of your ability. You will not be bound by protocols which serve only to stifle your personal and professional growth. We encourage free-thinking and support your desire to be the best veterinarian you can possibly be! When you become part of the AMC team, you will be part of our family. A family which will support you in achieving your goals as a dedicated professional. You will be bound only by the limits of your own aspirations. And buy-in/ownership potential is available if that is of interest to you.
We have been part of the Brandon/Valrico community for over 30 years. And, we have been an AAHA Accredited hospital for nearly as long. The AMC is dedicated to practicing high-quality medicine and to forming long-term bonds with our clients and their pets. Serving our clients and their pets with care, compassion and with a steadfast commitment to providing the best possible veterinary experience are the founding principles which we hold most dear. When you join our practice, you will be part of a well-equipped hospital offering a broad range of services including routine preventative care, internal medicine, digital radiology, in-house ultrasound, cold laser therapy and more. Our modern surgical suite includes advanced monitoring, Doppler ultrasound, electronic ventilator system and a laser surgical system. And we are a paperless practice utilizing Avimark software.
- We offer a competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits
- Enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 90 days of employment
- Enrollment in paid disability insurance after 90 days of employment
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Continuing Education stipend
- Wellness services, heartworm & flea control and more for your personal pets are all covered by the hospital
- A variety of discounts including, outside lab services, pet medications, pet food discounts and more are available for your personal pets
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in good standing in the State of Florida and able to practice in accordance with principles of veterinary medical ethics and standards
- Must have a State of Florida Controlled Substance License or obtain within 30 days of employment
- USDA Accreditation within 30 days of employment.
- Competently perform basic small animal surgery (advanced surgical skills preferred), dentistry, internal medicine, and preventative care
- Must possess superior client communication skills, a positive, friendly demeanor and the ability to display genuine empathy and compassion for pets and their humans
- Attention to detail and a high degree of organization, including the ability to accurately and efficiently update medical records/charts, reports and communication
- Work with the practice owner to mentor veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices and your veterinary knowledge and experience while consistently striving to improve your skills and imparting your knowledge and experience to other team members
Candidates considering relocation to the area will find it to be the perfect place to call home. You will find a reasonable cost of living, plentiful amenities, and numerous opportunities for shopping and dining, all close by. Convenient to downtown Tampa, a short drive from some of the best beaches in the world, and an easy drive to Disney World/Orlando, makes Brandon an ideal location for any candidate.
If you want to become part of a successful, stable practice with an amazing team, this is a practice for you! A great practice to join and the perfect place to live mean this opportunity won’t be available for long! We can’t wait to meet the next member of our AMC family!